Friday, June 18, 2010

Why pray?

When people are super-practical like myself, we often wonder whether it makes a difference if we pray or don't pray for someone. Guilt isn't a good or biblical motivator, but I think knowing that your prayers do make a difference in the lives of others can spur us on to a more faithful prayer life. Check out what Paul says in Philippians regarding the importance of praying for him:

NIV Philippians 1:19 "....for I know that through your prayers and the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance."
Paul credits the help given him by the Spirit of Jesus, aka the Holy Spirit, and the prayers of God's people. Just some encouragement to realize that prayers really do make a difference. I think the Spirit picks up any "slack" from God's people, but nevertheless, it is cool to see that God's people partner in prayer so that God's people can persevere in trials.

No comments: