Thursday, June 17, 2010

The inevitables: Death, Taxes, and Soccer

Well the world cup is here and I guess that's kind of cool. I do enjoy a game or two, although I'm not a huge fan of an 0-0 tie. Of course one thing that even the most erudite soccer snob can't deny is that soccer always leads to death. The questions is just how much death (now to be fair, soccer does have more fans so I guess one could argue that's the reason). This may not be the first death associated with the World Cup, but it is definitely the most bizarre. A man is beaten to death because he wanted to watch soccer, but the rest of the family wanted to watch a "gospel" show. I don't know what kind of "gospel" it was, but I'm venturing to say it might have been "another gospel" like Paul mentioned in Galatians 1.

No comments: