Sunday, January 11, 2009

If I only I were a "log" and not a "fan"

I've been enjoying the NFL play-off games lately. When the Bucs don't play, which is usually, since Gruden took over, I simply pull against teams I dislike the most.

Yesterday, both Carolina and Tennessee played. They both performed very well throughout the season and earned first round bye's and a home game. Both lost. So all that winning simply to lose their first game. Was it that important to win? I mean from a fan's perspective.

Was it worth it to get worked up about all of the close games? Was it worth putting all that stock in a game that I have absolutely no control over? After all, I may only get to see ONE extra game. Doesn't make a ton of sense. But then again, "fan" is short for "fanatic." I mean one who follows a sports team isn't called a "log," short for "logical."

No comments: