Friday, May 30, 2008

We've arrived

We arrived as scheduled at Lakewood Ranch this morning. Actually we were a little ahead of time, coming in at 4:45 am instead. Both of us slept a combined total of 27 minutes last night. Amy had contractions most of the night, and I wouldn't have been able to sleep anyway. So I helped time, then fell asleep for about 12 minutes before the 3:50 am alarm.

She's been given the Pitosin and so that should increase the number and strength of contractions. Apparently they don't want to give her the epidural until later, so that's going to be hard for Amy. It might be a few hours before she gets the real drugs. It's just before 6 am now, so we'll see how long she can go. Apparently her cervix is still not very dialated. That's what we're pushing for now. Thanks for the prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy and Geoff!

I am so excited for you both! Amy, you can DO this! Of all the coping tips for labor I received during my pregnancy, I have to tell you that focusing on one point in the room and breathing deeply (in through the nose, out through the mouth) was by far the most helpful technique for me. I know it sounds too simple, but please try it- especially before you can get the drugs! :)

We love you guys and won't stop praying! May God bless your experience as you two have richly blessed so many others.

Geoff, I am so happy for all of your updates- it feels like I'm a little closer!

Miss you both,
Jessica Peters

Geoffsnook said...

Jessica,

Thanks so much for your prayers. We need them! Hope you, Dwayne, and the girls are OK. We miss you guys.

Geoffsnook said...

Jessica,

Amy meant to give you a call but was so busy this week. She really appreciated it. She told me to tell you that she'll try to call you back sometime when we get out of the hospital. Thanks again.

TulipGirl said...

Labor on little sleep is hard. Praying for supernatural strength for you both!

Anonymous said...

No problem! I can't wait to catch up with you guys- it's been too long.

Jessica