Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Church, Creativity, and Soccer?

I wrote an article for the Bradenton Herald last week. In it, I draw a comparison between the Church and the creative world with America and Soccer. I like the analogy, but the title itself might put you to sleep. Nevertheless I don't think it will be a waste of 2 your minutes (which are always non-refundable). Click here to read it.

The article is supposed to whet appetites for our Coffeehouse/Art Show at Hope on Friday May 1st and Sat May 2nd from 7-10 pm. We really have some quality musicians and artists, and over 3/4 of them come from outside the Church as far as I can tell.

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

Nice art show flyer--props to whoever made it.

Geoffsnook said...

Props would go to one young and talented Mr. Bill Kimrey.

TulipGirl said...

I saw several paragraphs about the Art Show / Coffeehouse in the East County Observer, at the end of the article about an upcoming art show here in LWR. (Saw it, 'cause my cute kids were on the next page. *grin*)