Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I found myself a good one

I know this will embarrass my wife, but I did get her permission first. Today is her birthday, and like any good husband I asked her a few days ago, "What do you want for your birthday?"

I want a new bible. How about that? I got a good one, eh? I'm referring to my wife, not my bible, though that is also good.

Through her commitment to God's Word, she challenges me to be more diligent in my time and study. Here's a verse that popped into my head, and should probably pop up more often.


Proverbs 18:22
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the LORD."

Of course she did request the leather one, (as opposed to the cheaper hardback) so that will be a bit more pricey. But she's worth it. I got her the Spirit of the Reformation Study bible, which I highly recommend. It has great notes which have been very beneficial for me over the years. It's always good to learn from people smarter than yourself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Amy!
Wishing you a blessed celebration with your good husband and precious wee one.

The Espinos

TulipGirl said...

Happy birthday, Amy!

I remember you looked. . . not covetously, but interestedly. . . at the leather Bible I was holding in the nursery a few weeks ago. The one my Dad bought me has lasted very well for 17-18 years already, and has held up well and is very special to me.