Monday, July 28, 2008

The Changing Table

I used to think changing my kid's diaper would be like eating vegetables: a necessary evil. However, it has really become a delight. I love changing Connar's diaper. Well, usually. Since I don't usually do much breast feeding, this is our time to bond. This is THE time I'm guaranteed to get him to smile at me and do his baby noises. The Changing Table is one of my new favorite places.

I guess I'm learning a bit more about how God as a Father delights over His children (Zeph 3). When we sing in Sunday worship, I think its kind of like "cooing" before our heavenly Father. I think Sunday worship is like a big changing Table. Instead of the sound of one coo, there is a chorus of coos. And I know our Heavenly Father delights in the sound of His children even more than I delight in Connar's enjoyment. Our delight in our heavenly Father brings Him the most glory.

Here's a short video of Connar's changing table excitement (and his mom and dad's as well).

No comments: