Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another Herald Article

If you're one of the few, (I wouldn't go so far as to say "the proud"), who read the Herald (though I personally have nothing against it), then you've no need for this link. Obviously you would have read my article in Saturday's paper. If you're among the larger percent of the population living outside Manatee County, or neglected this great duty of Geoff's article reading, you can click here for a link to my article. Due to the fact we have a newborn now living with us, I felt encouraged by all the tired traveleres who've traversed this same path. So the article deals with the suffering aspect of fellowship. People need others to share their joy. But folks also need other folks to share in their sufferings, just as Paul instructed us toward the special fellowship of sharing in Jesus' sufferings. I actually got an email from a reader on the same day it "hit the press." Not a bad start, eh? Hopefully it will move us all toward deeper community.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great article as always and I can absolutely agree. Owen (7 weeks) has good days and some bad days and I not sure how people make it without the fellowship we are SO blessed to have. Babies are almost as mysterious as women.. almost

Anonymous said...

Ande,

Thanks bro. Yes both are very mysterious entities. Connar goes into these crazy times after 5 minutes of feeding. He starts pinching, flailing, making noises-anything but feeding. Its like Amy's breasts are producing Red-bull or something.

Geoff

Anonymous said...

Geoff (and Amy),
Your article reminded me of comments I heard often at the beginning of L & N's life - "Oh, what I wouldn't do to go back to those days" or "Enjoy these days...they go by too fast" or "How lucky you are to stay home with your babies while they are this young". These comments, though kindly intended, did nothing but cause guilty feelings in me! No, this was not fun! I was tired and perpetually hungry and I couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel, so why would I even want to treasure these days? I wanted to get past them as fast as I possibly could! I found it more refreshing to hear that yes, this is hard, this is reality, and yet it is still good. It somehow became easier when others wouldn't gloss over the difficulties but talk honestly... All that being said, I totally understand your exhaustion and maybe even frustration...but it's still so good and wonder-filled, isn't it?!

P.S. Let us know when it seems like a good time to drop off a meal!

Geoffsnook said...

Kristen,

Thanks so much for your thoughtful response. We're still having fun, but we do also need and enjoy sleep. The fact that others have gone/are going through the SAME thing makes it much easier. I do like these times when he's so cute and wants us to hold him ALL THE TIME! Before too long he won't want to be held. He'll be running all over the place, so I guess, I should cherish every moment. That cliche only works for me, when it comes naturally from me (not from others). We'll keep you posted about meals. Staci Thomas is heading them up so you can contact her if I forget to do it for you! Peace.