Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cut it out!

First of all, I do need to make reference to an earlier post. I left early from the Casting Crowns concert on Sunday night, and apparently the lead singer chose a later time to encourage people to find a church home. And one of the folks whom I thought didn't attend a church, apparently, has been visiting a church. It takes a big man to admit he's wrong, and sometimes I'm big. I'm being big now. Big and humble.

I chose not to attach an image to this post. You'll understand why very shortly.

When one is an expectant father, he will find himself doing things he never would have seen himself doing. Here's an example. Yesterday I made a few phone calls during my lunch break to doctor's offices. Why? Our OBGYN doesn't do circumcisions anymore. And neither does our desired pediatrician. I'm not going to do it, so I realized I would have to 'hire out' or 'subcontract' (not really sure what the correct term is) out this procedure.


The two offices I talked to yesterday both informed me of their prices. So I was trying to find the cheapest circumciser in the area (the strange thing is that we don't know what we're having so it all might be a moot point). Not sure if that's really wise. The cheapest circumciser? One place told me they take cash only. 200 dollars as opposed to 250; but they take cash only. Not sure if that was a good option either.

I really wanted a boy at first (I would be happy with whoever God will bless us with-so don't go nuts on me please) so I could take him fishing, coach his sports, etc....But I actually think we're going to have a girl, which I will be plenty and JUST AS thankful for. And I really want a girl some time. Maybe sooner rather than later, especially after these strange conversations!

3 comments:

TulipGirl said...

With four boys and a lot of circ experience. . . see whether you can find someone who will do the mogen clamp method. It's quickest and easiest and has less potential complications.

(And make sure whomever you choose has a lot of experience. . . Our ped in Cali started doing circs after seeing the OBs at the local hospital botch so many.)

Or, you can just forgo it. . . Theologically, it's not needed. It's more a social convention than anything at this point. . . (IMO.)

Grace and peace,

Geoffsnook said...

Tulip Girl,

Thanks for the input.

TulipGirl said...

Yeah. . . parenthood. . . brings out the weirdest conversations and advice and comments from near-strangers, huh?